Mandela Day – Celebrating an iconic leader on his impact on South African History.
Bring Mandela’s story to life through the integration and application of 21st century skills and Apple technology. Get your students to apply their creativity to telling Mandela’s story. This category gives you the freedom to apply creativity across various subjects using a multitude of apps.
- All projects should be of a high quality (minimal errors; project thoroughly edited; clear sound quality and camera work)
- Integration of challenge across curricula areas is encouraged
- Apple technology has been used effectively (made full use of the different elements of the app, and the features of the device – Mac, iPad etc)
- Message and learning outcome could not have been communicated effectively without Apple technology (redefinition rather than substitution)
- Students may submit either a video (max 4 min), eBook (max 20 pages), interactive presentation (max 10 slides) or song (own composition, max 2 min) to best meet the challenge
- Individual and group projects (maximum of 2 students) can be submitted.
Prizes to be awarded to winners in the following grade categories:
- Grade R – 3
- Grade 4 – 7
- Grade 8 – 12
iPad for winning teachers
R1OOO iStore voucher for students