Women’s Day – Celebrating South African women who have made a difference.
Who is a woman who inspires you – and why?
Students are challenged to choose one of the inspirational women in their lives or from their curriculum and pay tribute to the difference these women have made.
Whether it be a presentation, song, video clip or puppet show, students are tasked to app smash a project to celebrate the qualities of their chosen hero.
- All projects should be of a high quality (minimal errors; project thoroughly edited; clear sound quality and camera work)
- Integration of challenge across curricula areas is encouraged
- Apple technology has been used effectively (made full use of the different elements of the app, and the features of the device – Mac, iPad etc)
- Message and learning outcome could not have been communicated effectively without Apple technology (redefinition rather than substitution)
- Students may submit either a video (max 4 min), eBook (max 20 pages), interactive presentation (max 10 slides) or song (own composition, max 2 min) to best meet the challenge
- Individual and group projects (maximum of 2 students) can be submitted.
Prizes to be awarded to winners in the following grade categories:
- Grade R – 3
- Grade 4 – 7
- Grade 8 – 12
iPad for winning teachers
R1OOO iStore voucher for students